Saturday, November 26, 2016

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

I miss Lily. I digress.

Here we are - ready to embark on an epic adventure together. Neither of us have ever taken a trip like this and we're so excited. Three weeks ago Joe and I were sitting in our apartment talking about when we might like to go on our honeymoon. On a whim, we tried Thanksgiving weekend and suddenly we were calling my Mom and Jackson to see if they could watch Lily (which they graciously agreed to. Huge thanks to both of you!!).

We tossed around ideas and landed a (mostly booked) itinerary, and away we go. We have completed our 1st of 10 flights on this trip (JFK ⇾ LAX), and are now sitting in LAX waiting for our 10:40pm flight to Sydney. Our itinerary looks like this...

JFKLAXSYDHMI ⇾ CHCQSTWLGKOALA ⇾ Picton (via ferry) ⇾ BHEAKL ⇾ LAX ⇾ JFK.

I didn't hyperlink JFK or LAX for obvious reasons. There are a few transitions in this travel that aren't flights, but I including them in the city list anyway since that's the order of travel. That translates to a day or so in Sydney before heading to Hamilton Island and the Whitsundays, then connecting through Brisbane to Christchurch, NZ. From there we'll rent a car and drive to Queenstown where we'll hang out for a couple of days. We've only seen pictures but already know it's a region we'll want to come back to for at least a couple of weeks, because, I mean, come on.

Travel is one of my absolute favorite things in life. You get to meet new people, learn about different cultures, explore, open your mind and breathe in the world. Leaving a little bit to the unknown always makes for an even more exciting trip, so we're *mostly* planned, but have a few final things to book.

I'll add pictures and updates to this as we go, but to tide you over until then, here are the 4 places we'll be spending most of our time. We can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment